Our Vision & Mission:
PS 191 is a diverse and inclusive school community where children are educated through a collaborative effort among parents, staff, students and community with a focus on meeting both the academic and social emotional needs of every child. We provide a rigorous and accessible academic program in all content areas, to instill a love of learning in our students and to prepare them to be responsible and productive global citizens. Learning at PS 191 expands beyond the four walls of the classroom, so that students are engaging with the community around them.
Students at PS 191 will:
- Actively engage and interact with various museums, cultural institutions, and the performing arts
- Become “museum researchers” who will utilize primary, secondary, and museum resources to understand the core curriculum and beyond
- Visually display work in a museum-like way that explicitly illustrates knowledge, skills, including writing for a museum audience
- Actively engage in Project Based Learning (PBL) that demands critical thinking, collaboration and communication
- Know and use evolving 21st century technology to support college and career readiness